Phentermine may be one of the best weight loss medications but its use does not come without any side effects. As with any other prescription medication, the diet pill Phentermine causes certain side effects that can be quite uncomfortable for the user. Every person responds differently to drugs so even the adverse effects can vary. Some of the common side effects of Phentermine can be countered easily by taking suitable measures. Most of the time, the adverse reactions that occur are the body’s way of adjusting to the medication and these effects soon wear off, leaving only the weight loss promoting effects of the drug. If any symptoms are persistent or severe then do not waste time in seeking medical assistance. The other effects of Phentermine can be easily managed and these are listed below.
Managing the common side effects of Phentermine
The following are some of the commonly occurring Phentermine side effects. Here are ways in which you can manage them without discontinuing Phentermine and disrupting your weight loss efforts.
- Insomnia – Phentermine works as a stimulant and changes in sleep are most likely to occur as a side effect. What you can do is to take the drug as early in the day as possible so you can avoid having trouble falling asleep. About an hour before bedtime, starting winding up your day by doing relaxing activities like taking a bath or drinking a glass of warm milk. Do the things that can help you to sleep better.
- Dry mouth – This is another common symptom that occurs with Phentermine use. The simple remedy is to drink a lot of water. Keep your body hydrated by consuming foods that have a lot of water content and avoid items like coffee and alcohol, which have diuretic effects. Sodas should also be avoided as they are counteractive to the weight loss efforts.
- Nausea – This can happen if the you are not eating enough with the reduced appetite effects from Phentermine. The feeling of nausea will go away if you drink a lot of water and take the right amount of food in a timely manner.
- Dizziness – Take care of this problem by drinking plenty of water. Even though Phentermine reduces the appetite, you should ensure that you are having nutrient-rich foods and that the calorie intake in a day does not go below 1200. Add organic sources of vitamins, minerals, iron and protein to your diet.
- Constipation – Reduced food intake can make you feel constipated. Again, the solution is to drink a lot of water. Eat fruits and vegetables in higher quantities, and lesser of processed foods and grains. Working out regularly will help in regulating the body’s metabolism.
If you are worried about any of the side effects, consult with the doctor right away.