Ambien is the medication which is used for treating insomnia, in adults. The main chemical in this medicine is Zolpidem. This medicine helps to sleep faster and have a good night’s rest. This medicine is a sedative-hypnotic. It acts on the brain and sends signals which help the user to sleep. The medication is available in two formulations and that’s why it scores better in comparison to other pills.
Immediate Release Formulation (Ambien IR):
Ambien was invented in immediate release form, where once upon consuming the pill, the tablet dissolves immediately leading to sedition with 15-30 minutes of intake of the pill. Individuals who are experiencing improper sleep for a prolonged period of time and first time being on Ambien usually are prescribed immediate release formulation.
Controlled release (Ambien CR):
However, those finding it too difficult to stay asleep are usually prescribed Ambien CR.
Controlled release formulation has two layers to the pill. The first layer takes effect within the 30 minutes of one taking the pill while the 2nd layer slowly keeps getting released for the next 3 hours, due to this effect of Ambien CR, the chances of one waking up in the middle of the night are negligible making the product pretty effective in comparison to normal Ambien. Given its sedation effects, the drug needs to be handled with extra care. Ambien also goes by its generic name of zolpidem commonly in online pharmacy stores.
How to take Ambien?
Upon purchase of Ambien, you would receive the pills with an information leaflet which would guide you accordingly apart from the guidance received from your doctor.
Most important tips for taking Ambien are:
- It should be taken orally on an empty stomach
- It is usually taken at night
- It should not be taken after a meal, as its effect would be reduced
- If you are not able to sleep for about 7-8 hours, even after taking it for 7-10 days, do not take this medicine.
- Do not drive or operate machinery, when using this medicine.
- The dosage depends on upon the age, gender, and other medical conditions. Do not share the medicine or overdose.
- Do not take Ambien more than what is prescribed to you.
- Do not take more than 10 mg, if not prescribed
- Women are usually given a lesser dosage than men
Withdrawal Symptoms of Ambien
The withdrawal reaction includes vomiting, flushing, stomach cramps, nausea, shakiness, and nervousness. To avoid these reactions, ask the doctor to reduce the medication slowly. Older adults have more risk of side effects. It might lead to addiction in rare cases. Do not use it with alcohol or other drugs. If you are not able to sleep after stopping the medicine, do not re-start the medication. It is rebound insomnia and it is normal. This condition would persist for 2 days. If the condition extends for more than 2 days, contact your doctor.
List of Side effects while on Ambien:
No matter where you take Ambien, you might have some side effects like,
- Sleepiness during the day time
Rare and severe side effects include:
- Memory loss
- Behavior changes
- Abnormal thoughts
- Suicidal thoughts
- Aggressive behavior
- Sleep walking
- Allergic reactions like rash, swelling, itching, troubled breathing and severe dizziness
If you are affected by any one of the above said side effects, then it is better to stop the medicine immediately and contact the doctor.
What are the differences between Generic Ambien and Ambien Brand?
The generic Ambien tablets have the same chemical composition, purpose, side effects, contraindications, indications and strength as brand Ambien. The performance of the medicine depends on the manufacturer. The manufacturer with high-quality standard manufacturing process would produce a medicine very similar to the brand Ambien, but at low cost.
Precautions to adhere to while on Ambien
While taking Ambien online one cannot be certain on the way the body may react to the drug, however, some of the most important precautions are listed below. There are a few precautions that are to be taken to avoid these side effects.
- Consult your doctor and learn about your allergies, before you take Ambien.
- Let the doctor know if you have any liver disease or kidney disease
- Mental or mood problems at present or in the past should be indicated
- Previous drug addiction, family history of lung problems, sleep walking, and myasthenia gravis should be indicated.
- If you are not able to sleep even after taking the medicine or you are asleep for over 8 hours, do not use the medicine.
- Do not drive, operate machines, drink alcohol, or use other drugs with the medicine.
Why should you obtain Ambien from online pharmacies?
Pharmacies have range of web portals at very competitive rates and not alone that but also their authenticity in terms of quality of Ambien and whether the manufacturing pharmaceutical company is FDA approved or not is thoroughly checked before approving a particular Ambien to be launched on the site.
Leading online pharmacies sells the sleep medication at an unbeatable price thus ensuring the access of the pill to all sleep deprived individuals. They never compromise on the quality, as they tend to procure it only from the original manufacturers of the pill. Taking the medication for recreational use is strictly prohibited at any circumstance. Taking the pill for a prolonged period of time should not be encouraged. While procuring the medication verify the medicinal composition so as to identify the standard of the ingredients. The quality of the medication sold in this online pharmacy is unmatched with other competitors. Many online pharmacies request a valid prescription to issue the drug, as it falls under the prescription category of medicines.
Before obtaining Ambien, an individual should have a prescription recommended by the doctor that is referred upon after a proper medical analysis.