Adderall is known to work on the neurotransmitters and provide essential effects on the body. This drug is a combination of four different salts namely amphetamine sulfate, dextroamphetamine saccharate, dextroamphetamine sulfate and amphetamine aspartate. This mixture is the reason why a person is able to get therapeutic effect on a body. To tell it in detail, the drug can be taken to treat impulsivity, inattention, hyperactivity as well as other symptoms of ADHD like forgetfulness, too much of talking, disorganization, no focus and frequent interrupting.
Adderall can be taken by children, adolescents and adults who are suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Due to the effectiveness that this medication provides on a person, it is also used to treat off-label conditions like narcolepsy and sleep disorders.
Some facts about ADHD and Adderall
- Even adults can get affected by ADHD. If a child is affected by ADHD then there is lot of chances for him or her to take this condition to the adult phase.
- It would only work for a period of four to five hours and this is why a health care professional instructs you to take the pills two to three times in a day. In this way, it is possible to get the effectiveness of the medication throughout the day.
- Adderall XR is not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat ADHD children who is below 3 years of age. There is no proper study or research on children and that is why it is not approved.
- Though the reason is still unknown, boys are known to get diagnosed with ADHD two to three times more than girls.
- Adderall is available in different dosage strengths so that people can go about taking it in their appropriate dose. Only a doctor would select the best dose for you.
- It is very difficult to identify whether a person is affected by ADHD or not. There are a lot of steps involved in it and only the experts would be able to identify it. Sometimes, a child without this condition is mistaken with ADHD and the child suffering from this medical ailment is not diagnosed. There is no standard set of symptoms for this condition and these would vary from one person to another.
- It might trigger certain ill effects in a person and it should be addressed by a doctor.
- Addiction to this medication is very common. This happens when Adderall is taken in higher dosage strengths or for a longer period of time. Initially, a person would develop tolerance then it would lead to addiction.
- There are drug rehabilitation centers which can help people who got addicted by Adderall. They would decrease the addiction slow and steadily. Using these centers would help you to handle withdrawal symptoms and easily get rid of addiction.
- Women who are pregnant or breast feeding a baby had to stop using these pills as the intake of this medication might harm the fetus or the baby. A doctor might suggest few women in this phase to take Adderall only when they believe that the risk is lower than the benefits that this medication provides on the body.
- A person with ADHD might also invite several other mental illnesses. It is very essential to diagnose it immediately without fail.
- There are chances for an ADHD patient to take other medications. In this case, it is important to check whether Adderall would interact with those drugs or not. Check the safety and then go about taking the medications.
- The major side effect of the pill is loss of appetite. This makes feeding a child more difficult than in usual times. Anyhow, a parent has to provide a nutritious liquid or multivitamin tablet. Letting them to play for a longer period of time would also increase their appetite and would help them to eat properly.